Fabric: I used a sheer lightweight poly ribbed knit from my stash. This knit has very little stretch.
I cut a size L based on the finished bust measurement of the pattern. Since my fabric had very little stretch and the pattern description stated that this was a fitted cardigan and top. I decided to do a 1" FBA on the top to make sure that I had enough room in that area especially since the fabric is on the sheer side. For the neckline and armhole edges the pattern suggested folding the edges to the inside and stitching it down. I knew that wouldn't work for me because the seam allowance would be thin which means I would have to sew slow and with a very steady hand. I wasn't up for that challenge so I cut bias strips from the fashion fabric and used that to finish the neckline and armholes.
For the front band, the instructions suggested that you interfaced only the button hole areas. I
skip over that part and interfaced both pieces of the front band to provide stability to the buttons and buttonholes. I used knit interfacing. The bands are cut against the grain which gives it a nice uniformed and neat finish. Instead of regular buttons I used five 3/4 covered buttons. No fitting adjustment was made to the cardigan pattern. The finished measurement on the cardigan left me with enough room for comfort.
I love the boat neckline. Its not too high and its sit right below your collar bone.
I found the sleeves were a bit short. So I added 2-1/2 inches to the length of the sleeve and hem it under by 1" so the edge sits right on top of my wrist bone.
Kwik*Sew really lived up to their name with this pattern. This project was a very Kwik Sew. From start to finish it took me one day. It would have only taken me a few hours if I wasn't distracted by the TV.
I love this set and the simplicity of putting it together. I would definitely make this again. This will be my TNT cardigan set pattern. I recommend this to all level of sewers.