October 25, 2013

I got my new foot

Sewing with my Faux leather was put on the back burner this past weekend. While trying to sew a seam,  the fabric kept sticking to the machine foot and I couldn't figure out why.  I did a little research online (which I should have don't prior to starting out) and found out that  I needed a special roller or teflon foot for my sewing machine. I have sewn with very small pieces of faux leather using my standard foot and didn't have a problem, however when I tried to sew a whole seam that turned into a nightmare,  thank goodness I didn't ruin my fabric.

I was able to place an order earlier this week and received it yesterday, right on time for my weekend sewing. Lesson learned - do your research before you start a project - especially when you are working with a fabric that you are not that familiar with.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Good that you got your new foot. I ended up having to buy a teflon foot too.

Faye Lewis said...

I have both the rolling and teflon feet and I'm ashamed to say have never used either. Need to pull those out!

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

It will make sewing the Faux leather so much easier. Hope you get a lot done this weekend!