October 27, 2013

Vogue 8923





Fitted dress has seam details, stitched hem and back zipper. I was attracted to this pattern the first time I saw it. I love the double princess like seams on the bodice. Which give plenty of options to play around with color blocking and fabric prints.

There are three options for sleeves depending on what you like - sleeveless, short sleeves and long sleeves and a back vent.

This morning as I was catching up on reading the blogs I saw that Toy did a review on this pattern. I love her version of this dress,  instead of using color block she added lace details and she did a fabulous job.  

Fabrics used - Pointe knit:
Grey for the body of the dress and off white and black for the bodice seam inlays. 


I used the Grey pointe knit for back of the dress. I added a zipper, a back vent and half lining. I used the pattern pieces to cut a lining using a stretching lightweight knit fabric.

 
I recommend this pattern because its an easy sew and style of the dress gives you options to play around with color block, textures and prints to create a look you love.  

10 comments:

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! You did a fantastic job on this!

SEWN said...

Love it! Great color blocking.

Angela said...

You look great in everything you make! I couldn't quite get a vision for this pattern, but I love yours.

Adrienne said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE your version of this!!!

Joyce in NC said...

Awesome dress!

Sheila said...

Great dress!

alethia said...

Awesome

Kelroc said...

Great dress the white bring the pop to the dress.

Faye Lewis said...

What a wonderful twist of color-blocking. Great idea Opal!

velosewer said...

I like how you've used colour to block this dress. It's really well done.